Car won't accelerate in drive but will in 1 or 2 slowly a...

Q: Car won't accelerate in drive but will in 1 or 2 slowly and it will accelerate in reverse. ll in 1, 2, and drive?

asked by on August 14, 2017

My car is not leaking and no the transmission light did not come on. It will not go in drive. Motor sounds good. When I give gas in drive it does not go forward. When in 1st or 2nd it goes slow and it goes in reverse.

It is possible that you could be having internal transmission issues. These issues could be mechanical (if something is bent or broken), electrical ( a shorted wire or disconnected circuit), or hydraulic (a restriction in fluid flow). I would recommend having your transmission inspected by a qualified transmission specialist in order to diagnose the exact cause of the issue. It is possible that the transmission will need to be disassembled in order to properly diagnose this problem.