Q: Car noise at higher speeds on slightly rough roads

When I drive my Benz GLK350 4MATIC at higher speeds, like 95-115 mph, I notice the deep humming noise if the road is even slightly rough and bumpy. The noise seems to be echoing through the car. At completely even roads, there are no sounds at all. I had tires replaced with new, high-quality ones, but the noise is still noticeable when the road is not perfectly flat. What could be making the noise?

Hello there, many different items can begin to cause noise at this type of speed. In many cases this is not noticed as the highest speed limits in most areas is 85 MPH. The most likely cause is body noise, interior panels rubbing, struts, wheel bearings, or the tires themselves.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider enlisting a qualified technicians who can diagnose the sound you’re hearing. An accurate repair can then be made once the issue has been pinpointed.