Q: Service Engine Soon Light came on, what does that mean?

Just purchased vehicle in September Service engine soon light popped on What does that mean

Your vehicle has pre-programmed service intervals programmed into the computer based upon mileage. When you have these various services done, the mechanic will reset these indicators so that the computer can begin measuring when the next service is due. Since your service light is on, this suggests you are due for a some kind of service. If you’d like to get this resolved, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the service light firsthand, determine what service is needed, and perform the required service.

3. Service Engine Soon Light came on, what does that mean?