Q: Is the Engine "interference" or "non-interference"?

i was wondering are the 3.6l camaro engines interference or non interference my timing chain jumped time and i was wondering do the valve and pistons come n contact

Hey there. In the context of engines, interference timing refers to the use of a timing belt rather than a chain, such that when this belt breaks, the camshaft and other internal parts (like valves) will cause major damage to the cylinder head.

In your case, with the use of a timing chain, your car should have just stopped running with little to no damage. If you are noticing anything odd about your car’s performance, or are experiencing any symptoms of a failing timing chain, then you may want to have a professional perform a safety inspection to determine if your vehicle needs a timing chain replacement.