Q: Have owned this car for one week. The security alarm activates when I close the trunk if the car is locked. Is this normal?

This is a new car for me. A couple of times the horn has gone off without me knowing why. It seemed to happen when I closed the trunk when my car was already locked, for instance, after loading my parked and locked car with groceries into the trunk. Is there an explanation for this?

Hello, thanks for writing in. The alarm will go off when this happens because the alarm module feels you shut the trunk and thinks that the vehicle is being tampered with. It is best to unlock the car first prior to opening the trunk and then lock it once it is closed to prevent this from occurring. It is kind of a flaw in the way that this system was built.

3. Have owned this car for one week. The security alarm activates when I close the trunk if the car is locked. Is this normal?