Q: Display "Transmission Over Temp"

The display shows "Transmission Over Temp" and my Jeep won't start. After it sits for an hour, then most of the time it will start and work for a few weeks - then the same scenario occurs all over! What is the solution for this problem?

A: There are a lot issues with the connector b...

There are a lot issues with the connector between the starter and the totally integrated power module (TIPM) in the Jeep Commander. This can cause a host of issues including the transmission temp message and no starting. In some instances the connector can be cleaned, but it is usually damaged from overheating. Fortunately, that section of wiring harness is a serviceable part. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the knowledge and tools to diagnose and correct the source of your no start condition.