Q: A/C blows warm air - 2006 Mercury Milan

The A/C was originally cold. I was told that I needed expensive repairs on the doors, behind the dash. Now… the air is warm, but does blow out the dash as it should. The mechanic hooked it up to the computer and it didn’t show any codes. Do you think this is a doors or coolant leak and if not, what is the problem?

A: Hello. The blower motor is responsible for ...

Hello. The blower motor is responsible for blowing the air (regardless of whether it's hot or cold) and the blend doors you had repaired are responsible for where that air goes. The temperature is not related to the blower motor or the blend doors. If the air is suddenly cold, you will want to start by checking the pressures of your R134a refrigerant. If your pressures are within levels, you may want to consult another technician for a second inspection of the AC to have this corrected.