Q: Knocking/ tapping noise under hood its loud. Check engine light is not on. I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3

Loud knocking/tapping from under hood. The check engine light did not come on .

Hello. I would start by checking the engine oil level and pressure. Typically when this engine makes a noise like this it is due to a failure in one of the rod bearings or in the valve train. If the oil is very dirty or sludged then this will occur. I would usually need to hear the noise to isolate where in the engine that it is coming from as it can also be coming from one of the engine accessories. I would get a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to look at it to [diagnose where the noise is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/noise-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection

3. Knocking/ tapping noise under hood its loud. Check engine light is not on. I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3