Q: Car smoking

The car is smoking from under the hood.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Smoking coming from under your hood can be a couple of things. If there are any leaks, for example a leaking valve cover could be dripping oil down onto the exhaust manifold. This can sometimes come with a smell through the vents which can help in the search for what fluid is actually leaking. Also, if the smoke only comes out after driving for awhile, it could be steam being expelled from a leaking radiator. This would indicate leaking coolant and an apparent loss of the fluid. A proper inspection should be carried out by a qualified technician to diagnose and repair your car’s smoking issue.