Q: How to defrost 1999 Honda Civic's front and side windows. front takes so long to melt

Early morning cold frosty windows take so long to defrost that I still have to use wind shield wipers and scraper. I also want to know how to defrost side windows. AC jumps on and I cut it off repeatedly. How do I dis-arm the AC during winter? I also like to know how to simply remove frost when its not breezing cold. I cut defrost on and it blows but window is same and I have to use cloth to clear vision, Finally, there is so much air that blows inside the car when ever I have defrost on , it seems like and air should be hotter and put to use to warm interior but it blows through vents wildly. This after running car 10-15 minutes at least

Please Help

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. the way the defroster works is the is heater on and the air conditioning is on to dry the air on the windows. The air conditioner compressor cycling on and off frequently is normal. Check the defroster vents to make sure that the air is blowing through them. If the air is weak, then check the cabin air filter and see if the filter is dirty. A dirty cabin air filter will cause the air to be at a lower air flow. When it comes to melting the ice on the windows, it will take some time and not right away. Your engine will need to get to operating temperature to help thaw out the ice. Also, to aid the ice melting, replace the window washer fluid with new arctic washer fluid and add one bottle of alcohol. This will melt away the ice a lot quicker. Do not put alcohol in the washer reservoir if you have heated nozzles. If you need further assistance with removing the ice from your windows, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How to defrost 1999 Honda Civic's front and side windows. front takes so long to melt