Q: When should I replace my timing belt? How much will it cost on my vehicle?

Mint dealer serviced one owner 2005 solara convertible 81000 perfect CARFAX. Don't think I should risk driving this car because it is coming up to the 90,000 mile mark I may be paranoid but the risk of the timing belt or any other structure in the front section breaking related to the timing chain would be very costly to repair and would actually have to be done soon anyway . do you suggest I have it done now and if so what would your estimate be? I live in Hollywood Florida 33021 .thank you Harold my phone 9542704827

Hello. The timing belt is suggested to be replaced on your vehicle at the 9 year or 90,000 mile mark, whichever comes first. Timing belts are great idea to replace at suggested intervals because simply put, they are the heart rhythm of the engine. As you probably know, the timing belt controls the motion of critical internal engine components. If the motion is disrupted by a broken timing belt or the engine being off of timing the damage could be costly. Often times that damage total would be higher than the amount that would have been paid if the belt was replaced regular service intervals. The total I see for you here is about $600 even. But our customer support team will reach out to you soon to validate that price.

• When should I replace my timing belt? How much will it cost on my vehicle?