Q: Why did my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica jump 33,000 miles overnight

On Friday my Chrysler Pacifica was 53000 plus miles on it when I went to drive my car Saturday morning the odometer showed that there was 86000 plus miles on it I don't understand why it jumped up so many miles over night can you help me understand this please one other problem I'm also having is with my speedometer when I drive 30 miles an hour it tells me I'm going 50 are both these issues related thank you so much

A: Hi there: Unless somebody took your car fo...

Hi there:

Unless somebody took your car for a worldwide joy-ride in one day (highly unlikely), both issues are most likely caused by a damaged transmission speed sensor (which does control both the odometer and speedometer on your Chrysler Pacifica). It is also possible that an electrical issue exists inside the ECU on your vehicle. To know for sure, it’s probably a good idea to have a mobile mechanic complete a speedometer is not working inspection so they can determine what’s causing both issues.