Q: My car sounds really loud when I crank it every morning

My car is extremely loud every morning when I crank it or if I let it sit too long them it will calm down do you know what it could be?

Hi there. Not sure what you mean by "extremely loud"; whether you have an exhaust leak (sounds like there is hole in the muffler), mechanical noises (cam actuators have leaked down, and are noisy until oil pressure comes up), worn connecting rod rattle, or crankshaft bearing knock. In any case, it doesn’t sound like something that should be left without repair or at least inspection. I recommend having a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise in person so they can pinpoint exactly what is causing the problem.

3. My car sounds really loud when I crank it every morning