Q: Cylinder 2 Misfire, and water contamination in the fuel.

My range sport tdv6 is misfiring after fuel was contaminated by water but my lynx code reader is telling me contribution fault in cylinder 2

A: Hello. If your fuel was recently contamina...

Hello. If your fuel was recently contaminated with water then that is likely the reason behind the cylinder 2 misfire. As the fuel travels to all of the cylinders, this leaves them all susceptible to misfires, as well as the possibility of a "random misfire." If the contamination is minor, you can add water remover to the fuel, or drain and refill the tank, to see if this may correct the problem. If the random misfires continue, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the ignition or engine management systems. If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of the misfire.