Q: Car makes noise 2009 Honda Civic

Hi . i have honda civic -2009 model (automatic). My car makes noise particularly when i press gas pedal and sometime i hear rattling kind of a sound coming from rear(inside) side of the car. What could be the possible issue for these kind of noise?

Hi there - your symptoms suggest a leaky exhaust pipe or muffler, possibly just a leaky gasket or coupling. The rattling noise could be a loose heat shield which resonates at certain engine speeds - a fairly common problem. I recommend an exhaust inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.