Q: Car makes noise 2009 Honda Civic

Hi . i have honda civic -2009 model (automatic). My car makes noise particularly when i press gas pedal and sometime i hear rattling kind of a sound coming from rear(inside) side of the car. What could be the possible issue for these kind of noise?

Hi there - your symptoms suggest a leaky exhaust pipe or muffler, possibly just a leaky gasket or coupling. The rattling noise could be a loose heat shield which resonates at certain engine speeds - a fairly common problem. I recommend an exhaust inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car makes noise 2009 Honda Civic