Q: Radiator hose punctured

asked by on February 19, 2016

The hose going to the radiator is punctured, making the car smoke.

Hi there! The smoke/steam coming from the radiator hose is a sign that coolant is likely leaking and the vehicle is overheating. I suggest replacing the punctured radiator hose, then pressure testing the cooling system to determine if there are any more leaks present. Driving an overheating vehicle can be very damaging to the engine, so I don’t recommend driving it any longer. That being said, you may benefit from a mobile automotive repair company, such as YourMechanic. They will save you a tow to the shop by sending a mechanic to your vehicle’s location to replace the radiator hose, and address any potential overheating issues you may be having.