Q: Is the R18 transmission in the LHD car different from the one in the RHD.

asked by on December 17, 2016

The tranny in my my car (LHD) got damage it was replace with a tranny from a rhd car but when im driving the car pulls back just before it changes gear

Hi there. If your transmission has a floor mounted shifter then there would be no change at all. If the transmission in your vehicle has a column shifter the the linkage would be different. Otherwise, the transmission are the same inside and built the same. If you need further assistance with determining the difference between a LHD and a RHD transmission, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr