Q: Paint peeling problem, maybe cold weather to blame

My 2011 Dodge Ram is having paint peel off of it with only 60,000 miles on it. It has been in winter weather, but even that shouldn’t strip the paint off of a 2011 truck! Is there any way to prevent this in the future? The areas where paint is coming off have not been damaged or scratched, in fact there is paint peeling even on the roof! Would waxing the truck more often protect the paint more? It is a work vehicle.

This paint issue is somewhat common and seems to affect the roof most often. Although dealers most often do not make the repairs under warranty, I always recommend making them your first stop if there is a potential for them to cover it at no cost to you. Dodge has not yet released a recall or bulletin about this issue, but most dealer body shops will be well aware of the issue.