Q: Hi I have a Hyundai Sonata 2006 and my car won't start I replaced the fuel pump and it still doesn't start what could it be ?

asked by on July 04, 2017

Ok I try to start my car and it won't turn over I replaced the fuel pump new battery and new alternator I have gas I checked my fuses they fine I don't know what the problem is could it be my fuel pump relay or control module

If the engine won’t turn over, that is if the starter motor is not functioning, the issue is in the starter circuit and/or the starter motor itself. If the starter is functioning, but the engine won’t catch and run, that could be a fuel, ignition, air induction, or mechanical issue. To determine if the fuel pump is actually working, pressure and volume would have to be tested. As far as the ignition system, you can check for a spark output. Other tests require specialized tools. If you want the necessary diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.