Q: blown head gasket been sitting for a year now

My blazer overheated last year. It was thought to been a blown head gasket. I drained the oil and saw it was coffee colored. That was last year. Could I add new fluids where needed and get a head gasket sealer like blue devil and hope that fixes it? Or is that too big of a gamble and could damage it further?

A: My best guess is that your lower engine has...

My best guess is that your lower engine has water mixed with the oil. This may have damaged the lower bearings of the engine. I don't think a reseal will work since you will need major work on the engine if it doesn't work anyway. You can give it a try but I do not think it will work.

If you'd like a second opinion on this, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose why the car overheated to begin with and assess the condition of your engine. One this is done, an accurate repair can be made.