Q: blown head gasket been sitting for a year now

My blazer overheated last year. It was thought to been a blown head gasket. I drained the oil and saw it was coffee colored. That was last year. Could I add new fluids where needed and get a head gasket sealer like blue devil and hope that fixes it? Or is that too big of a gamble and could damage it further?

My best guess is that your lower engine has water mixed with the oil. This may have damaged the lower bearings of the engine. I don’t think a reseal will work since you will need major work on the engine if it doesn’t work anyway. You can give it a try but I do not think it will work.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose why the car overheated to begin with and assess the condition of your engine. One this is done, an accurate repair can be made.