Q: How much will it cost to repair a gas leak? 1998 Jeep Cherokee

I smell a lot of gas when I turned on my car ..gas light is on I haven't put any gas in but I smell it all over the inside and out side of the vehicle

Hello. To give you an accurate estimate on your gas leak the vehicle will first need diagnosis to determine where the leak is coming from. They are wide variety of things that can leak gas such as a fuel pressure regulator, fuel line, fuel pump seal or fuel injector. Repairing those things could have a cost ranging from but not limited to >$100 repair or as much as several hundred dollars. I will have our staff send you a quote for the diagnosis of your vehicle and once we figure out what is leaking we will give you a competitive repair estimate!

Hello - the repair estimate will, of course, vary depending on what is the source of the leak, but without question, this needs attention before the vehicle is driven anywhere! I recommend a fuel leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the vehicle location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How much will it cost to repair a gas leak? 1998 Jeep Cherokee