Q: P2305 code on Dodge charger

asked by on September 02, 2017

My car suddenly start to putt and miss, loose power then the engine light came on. Went to the part store, and the machine read misfire on cylinder two and ignition coil. So I had a tune up done, ignition coil replaced, and a fuel injector replaced. Car stopped for a few minutes and started back. So the mechanic grounded the car and it stopped then the engine light went off. Few hours later it started back. Put it back on the machine and it's throwing pretty much the same code. P0 I think and P2305 ing coil b secondary circuit. What could it be if it has been repaired? He's thinking electrical because when he grounds it, it stops for awhile. Tune up done, fuel injector which caused misfire on cylinder two replaced, ignition coil replaced, and sensors on motor replaced.

It sounds like there may be some faulty wiring related to the ignition coils. If the problem stops as he grounds it, this suggests it may not be getting the proper ground to begin with causing it to not produce a spark and misfire. I would suggest checking all connections to all coils to and from ignition module as well. Should you need any further help, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr