Q: What would cause my 02 trailblazer to sometimes not accelerate when pushing on the gas pedal while driving?

asked by on April 29, 2017

When driving car it will randomly not accelerate when I push down on the gas pedal and the rpms go up. I've noticed if I wait like ten seconds and let the rpm s go down then try accelerating again it will work... the wires that connect to the fan clutch may be bad due to when they got chopped and I tried rewiring it myself , do you think this could be the problem?

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote

If your RPMs are going up when you press the accelerator pedal but the vehicle does not move, this would be the transmission slipping. Transmissions can slip due to low fluid levels, poor fluid condition, or internal damage to the transmission. I would recommend starting by checking the transmission fluid level and condition. If the fluid is low, top it off with the recommended fluid and see if the problem goes away. If the fluid is dark in color, I would recommend a transmission fluid flush which will replace the dirty fluid with new. If these two services do not resolve the issue, it is likely that you have internal transmission damage and would need to have the vehicle inspected by a qualifed transmission technician. Consider YourMechanic for your transmission fluid service as it can be done from your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr