Q: How do you silence the horn beep feature when using the remote?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you silence the horn beep feature when using the remote?

Your car is set by default to honk the horn when you lock your doors with the remote. However, you can change this if you prefer. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Press both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds.

2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times.

3. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.

If you want to reactivate the beep feature:

1. Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for at least two seconds.

2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash once. The horn should honk one time.

Tip

Turning off this feature does not affect panic alarm function or security system function.