Q: Check engine light on & OBD #P0171

asked by on September 20, 2016

For three months, the Check Engine Light has been coming on and off. The Onboard Diagnostic #P0171 showed when I went in to have a checkup. The following have been replaced: gas cap, mass air-flow sensor, and spark plugs. The told me that it was the mass air-flow sensor because the system is running too lean. The check engine light still comes on every 2-3 weeks. I feel like I’m having the wrong things fixed. Please give me your professional advice on this problem.

Fuel Injector Replacement $379.42 - $3631.88 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

P0171 for your car is "system too lean." The most common cause is a vacuum leak and it can come from a leaky hose or a leaky gasket. However, I did a quick search and found someone on the forums with your exact car and exact problem and his issue was a leaky fuel injector seal. You may want to try that first since those are cheap. Alternatively, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Check Engine Light firsthand to have this corrected appropriately.