Q: My car is hard to start.

Skoda laura 1.9 Tdi Starting after 4-5 rounds

You are going to want to inspect several components. First, if the starter is slow to turn at first, and this is the issue, you will want to have the starter replaced. If you starter turns quickly (or at the speed it normally does), then your issue is likely a spark or fuel issue. When was the last time you had the spark plugs changed? Have you inspected the spark plug wires?

They need to be clean, dry, and tight. You should also listen for the fuel pump to prime as you start the car. Turn the vehicle to the "on" position and listen for the "whirling" sound from the pump. If you are not hearing this, you may have a fuel issue. Depending on the age of the vehicle, spark plugs have a shorter lifespan, and are more likely the cause.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is hard to start and suggest any needed repairs.