Q: So I recently left my 2010 Dodge Charger with out oil and it started a tapping noise inside the motor.

Hey peter, so I recently left my 2010 Dodge Charger with out oil and it started a tapping noise inside the motor.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. When operating an engine without any oil in the oil sump (oil pan), then the bearings, rings, valves, and lifters will starve of lubrication and begin to tap and knock. The lifters were closed up causing the valves to have a gap in the clearance between the lobes on the camshaft and the valve train. Lack of lubrication in an engine will cause severe internal damage. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine noises.