Q: TRUNK FUSE BOX

Greetings, Where is the trunk fuse box located? The car was charged well with the new battery under the hood. I thought the car would crank it charged so well! All lights came on. Saltwater corrosion may be causing the trunk not to open? Should I call a locksmith since they specialize in locks and hinges? Thank you

A: The trunk has two fuse panels one on left r...

The trunk has two fuse panels one on left rear and one on right rear of trunk area. The one on the right has the fuel pump relay and fuse. The trunk door lock is in series with all the door locks and should release if the locks are actuated. If it does not open, then access the trunk through the back seat to get to the trunk latch and pull the yellow latch release near the latch on trunk lid. If you are still having trouble, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to help inspect your electrical system to let you know how to get your trunk to open again.