Q: Ignition system is not working.

The ignition system is not working. It is new, but it is not turning over to start the engine.

When you are experiencing problems with starting your vehicle, we first want to address the life of the components that aid in starting the vehicle up. It was mentioned that you have a new ignition system installed and that it is not working. More information is important in regards to this repair, such as what part of your ignition system was replaced because it could play a part in what we are currently experiencing. These parts could include the ignition switch, the ignition coils and the ignition control module, all pieces that could fail. It is important to know if your car was running prior to the repair as well.

It was mentioned that your vehicle is not turning over. When you turn the key to start your car, do you hear the starter motor turning the engine over, do you hear a click or is nothing heard? If you are unable to hear the motor turning over, it is likely the problem lies with the battery or with the starter. As you can see, there are a few different parts that are playing a role in getting your Buick Century to start. It is very important to enlist the help of a certified mechanic to inspect your car and get you started back on the road soon!

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr