Q: Noises coming from under the dash

I noticed some squeaking sounds that were coming from under the dashboard. It was happening sporadically. Now it happens with increasing frequency. There is also another type of rattling noise that became noticeable. I've checked but couldn't find anything under the dashboard that could be making the noises. Do you have any idea?

Hello. The specific causes are numerous and have been set forth in numerous Technical Service Bulletins for your vehicle model. They are also dependent on VIN number. A mechanic would have to systemically rule out each cause in order to resolve this. It is fixable, but the problem is that there are numerous points within the dashboard assembly, not to mention the setting wheel/column, which could be the cause. If you would like to have this done, a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and have this repaired properly.