Q: Does 4k seem reasonable to replace the wiring harness on a 2011 Jaguar XJ?

asked by on November 30, 2016

Does 4k seem reasonable to replace the wiring harness on a 2011 Jaguar XJ. It all started with the restricted performance indicator came on. I had my car towed to the dealer. They said the codes revealed it was the manifold (MAF) which was 1700.00 to replace. Had it replaced 2weeks later the light came back on, towed back to the dealer same issues, they retrained the car computer system whatever the means, and reset the ECM.a nine days later the light reappeared now they called to tell me the problem had been resolved my car was being washed the light reappeared after two weeks at the dealership now it is the electrical wiring and the harness the needs to be replaced for 4k.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I think you should get a second opinion on this. The wiring harness should be trouble free unless something has happened to damage it. Accidents, fires, water damage, salt corrosion, or electrical overloads can damage a wiring harness, but you haven’t mentioned having any of these problems. Mercedes and Volvo had some problems with the insulation disintegrating after about ten years, but I’ve never heard about that happening on a Jaguar. My best guess is that there is some other issue that has the people in your Jaguar service department stumped. Sometimes car makers have long running issues that they keep trying to solve with software updates, and you may have one of those, but I would be surprised if there was something wrong in the harness to cause this unless it has been damaged by something. Just in case it’s something that just needs another pair of eyes to be seen, I suggest you contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home to check out your car and do a scan and give you another opinion about what to do with this.