Q: squeaky or rubbing noise when driving on uneven road (not bumps in the road)

I have just had my struts and shocks replaced and did a brake job. The struts and shocks were long over due. But, all the noises my car was making have not subsided. I'm left with a scraping, squeaking, rubbing noise, sometimes soft and sometimes quite loud. The noise seems to be sporadic - when I turn, when I don't turn, mostly when I drive slowly but sometimes at 60 mph, sometimes there is no noise at all. I notice it most in the parking garage as I descend the levels just after I turn the corner onto the next level. Once I'm on level ground the noise subsides. My mechanic said to have my transmission checked, but the noise has no relationship to when I push in the clutch or let it out. Plus the clutch seems fine. But another car friend told me that when they mechanic replaced the struts and shocks he may not have replaced the housing. The mechanic used Monroe products. My car friend also mentioned the noise could be the swaybar. Any ideas? The mechanic looked at the suspension again

Hi there:

In many cases, other mechanical issues can be hidden by other components that are also damaged. It is very possible that the sway bar or ball joints are causing the road noise you’re experiencing. The only way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can road test your vehicle with you and inspect the vehicle to determine what needs to be repaired.

3. squeaky or rubbing noise when driving on uneven road (not bumps in the road)