Q: Electrical problems with keyless entry, headlights and radio

I've been using the keyless entry but it wouldn't work correctly and open all doors. I changed the batteries and tried but it still didn't work right. I turned the car on with the secondary key. The headlights didn't work and the radio was randomly going off and on. These issues don't happen when the car is warmed up. What should I check first?

A: Hello. We will be happy to assist. The prob...

Hello. We will be happy to assist. The problem you are experiencing is common. The symptoms you have are identical to many other SL500 owner complaints. The component which causes all the misbehavior is the EIS (Electronic Ignition Switch). Symptoms of a faulty EIS include SRS light illumination, rollbar light illumination, radio flickering, headlights not working, or no start conditions. I’d recommend having a certified technician diagnose the electrical issue with these components and test the EIS to help determine what the problem is.