Q: Clicking sound when turning off heater

I hear clicking sound when I turn off heater but no clicking when I turn off cold. Is it the actuator door? Which one. Sound coming from behind stereo.

A: Hi there. The problem you describe is your ...

Hi there. The problem you describe is your temperature blend door motor. The motor is not able to reach the requested position, this may be due to the temperature blend door being in a bind or the motor itself being bad. When the motor can’t reach the requested position, it makes several attempts until timing out. This is why it continues to "click" for a set period of time. Most of the time, this requires removing the entire dash assembly. The temperature blend door motor on your particular vehicle can be changed in less than an hour. If it is the mode door, then dashboard removal will be required. I suggest having a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the heating/AC components to identify what is causing the problem. I also do not suggest attempting removal of the dashboard yourself as the airbag system poses a high risk of danger to an inexperienced individual.