Q: Q: My car won't shift gears

My car is not shifting properly. It was getting stuck in 2nd gear, and now it is not shifting at all. I had a new solenoid packet, filter and gasket installed. Could there be a problem with the gears, or the transmission?

Hi there. When this transmission starts sticking in gear like this it is typically the first sign of an internal transmission failure. The solenoid pack should not have to be installed prior to checking the transmission pressures to see if it is failing. You need to have a transmission specialist do a pressure test on this. If you want to have this inspected, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your gear shifting issue.

3. Q: My car won't shift gears