Q: Can smell gas fumes while driving

The air conditioner only works sometimes. I can also smell gas or fumes while driving.

A: Hello! Low freon refrigerant levels is the ...

Hello! Low freon refrigerant levels is the leading cause for your air conditioning concern. Low refrigerant levels will cause the air to fluctuate between warm and cold. Usually, low refrigerant levels are caused by leaking O-rings in the AC system. The federal government requires an EPA certification for any technician whom repairs AC systems. To determine which O-ring is leaking, a UV light or AC dye can be used to expose any refrigerant leaks. Have the fuel smell inspected by a certified technician so that you can have this problem properly addressed.