Q: A mechanic damged my car

I had a wiper motor replaced on my car at a goodyear store and the mechanic cracked my windshield.I did not notice the crack until I got the car home.My question is do I have any recourse of either getting them to fix the windshield. or getting my money back for the repairs?

Unfortunately, once the car leaves the shop, you do not have much recourse for this type of issue. If you are a regular customer of theirs they may help you out a little. It would be hard to prove that the crack happened once your car leaves the shop. It is also possible that the crack may have been there and you may not have noticed. Replacing a wiper motor usually does not call for anything to be done that would damage the windshield, however, it could have been cracked without the mechanic knowing.

You can take your car back to the store and show the damaged windshield to the mechanic to see if they can take care of it for you. Having some sort of evidence prepared will be very helpful for a situation like this.

3. A mechanic damged my car