Q: Difficult to turn my steering wheel to the left, but not right

asked by on October 18, 2016

When I drive my car I can turn easy to the right but it's hard to turn to the left it also makes a hissing noise when I try to turn to the left could this be my power steering pump or my rack and pinion

Steering Rack/Gearbox Replacement $306.29 - $2011.49 Get a Quote
Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, The description you have given of the steering being hard to turn in one direction, leads me to believe, the rack and pinion is at fault. The power steering pump failure, would make it difficult to turn in both directions. The rack and pinion failure could be directional. I recommend having you vehicle’s hard to turn in one direction be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.