Q: The Mazda shut off trying to pull into parking lot and won't turn back on

My Mazda tribute I was trying to pull into my parking lot and it shut off and will not turn back on

A: You may have a fuel pump that stopped opera...

You may have a fuel pump that stopped operating. You can check the fuse F1-6 located in the underhood fuse box. You can also listen to hear if the fuel pump is running. Remove the gas cap and put your ear close to the opening. Have someone turn the key on while you listen. It should run for 2 seconds and then stop, or run continuously if you are cranking the starter to start the engine. This almost goes without saying but be sure there's some gas in the tank when you do this. If you need to have this taken care of for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your car's stalling issue and proceed with the necessary repairs.