Q: My 2006 VW Jetta 2.5 jerks when driving it and sometimes goes into limo mode ... It does needs a new catalytic converter . It star

My car after it warms up it's starts acting up . It gets stuck in 3rd gear limp mode , it doesn't respond to acceleration and the speed meter sky rockets , it does need a new catalytic converter not sure if its a sensor or not. Is that the reason why my car is giving me problems or is it a transmission problem? Also the car jerks before it starts getting into limp mode and doesn't respond to my acceleration .. also will a transmission flush help ? I can't locate the transmission stick to check the oil , any helpful ideas will be appreciated thank you

Hi Jay. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There are several reasons why your vehicle activates a limp mode - but most of them related to the transmission itself. A clogged catalytic converter will restrict the efficient flow of exhaust, and can cause fuel mixture issues, but seldom impacts the operation of the transmission. Usually a transmission flush is the first step to complete to attempt to resolve this problem. However, if it’s activating the limp mode frequently - you might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to download any stored codes that might help them diagnose this problem.

3. My 2006 VW Jetta 2.5 jerks when driving it and sometimes goes into limo mode ... It does needs a new catalytic converter . It star