Q: My 2006 VW Jetta 2.5 jerks when driving it and sometimes goes into limo mode ... It does needs a new catalytic converter . It star

asked by on September 15, 2017

My car after it warms up it's starts acting up . It gets stuck in 3rd gear limp mode , it doesn't respond to acceleration and the speed meter sky rockets , it does need a new catalytic converter not sure if its a sensor or not. Is that the reason why my car is giving me problems or is it a transmission problem? Also the car jerks before it starts getting into limp mode and doesn't respond to my acceleration .. also will a transmission flush help ? I can't locate the transmission stick to check the oil , any helpful ideas will be appreciated thank you

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Jay. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There are several reasons why your vehicle activates a limp mode - but most of them related to the transmission itself. A clogged catalytic converter will restrict the efficient flow of exhaust, and can cause fuel mixture issues, but seldom impacts the operation of the transmission. Usually a transmission flush is the first step to complete to attempt to resolve this problem. However, if it’s activating the limp mode frequently - you might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to download any stored codes that might help them diagnose this problem.