Q: ESP/BAS Light.

I changed my alternator today and my ESP BAS light came on and won't turn off.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. These lights can come on for any number of reasons. If they came on right after the battery was replaced then you may have caused a fuse to blow or may have caused a short. Any time there is a loss of voltage in this system then these lights can come on. I would typically disconnect the battery and then reinstall the connections. If that does not help then I scan the computer and then possibly reprogram it. If the problem still persists then it may be caused by a steering angle sensor, a speed sensor, or any number of other sensors. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why these lights are coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/warning-light-is-on-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr