Q: My car has been making a rattle noise.

My car has been making a rattle noise when ever im in idle, once I put the car in park or neutral it goes away but it's still some what present but barley, ive been told it was my heat shield but I dont know. I took upon my self to find what the problem was so I jacked the car up got under the car and started banging around and found the sound coming from the heat shield so I stuck a flat head screw driver inside the heat shield and managed to pull out a piece of rust I started banging around again and didn't hear anything so I thought all was good so I got out under the car, lowered the car and went for a test drive to see if the problem was over but the sound is still present, not as loud but you can still hear it when I slowly approach a stop, could you please give me advice on what to do, I've been thinking of removing my heat shield, would that be a good idea and how would I do it ? Thank you

The heat shield is designed to keep the engine at a specific temperature. I recommend leaving the heat shield on but fixing it to where it does not vibrate. Look for any cracks or broken bolts to see if the heat shield needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your rattling noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car has been making a rattle noise.