Q: Why is my steering wheel and gas pedal locked?

asked by on September 27, 2016

I tried turning on my car but the stering wheel was locked and the gas pedal was hard to step on

This is a common issue with the Honda CRV. Occasionally, the steering wheel will lock like this when the gears in the steering become slightly misaligned. I have seen this remedied by physically rocking the vehicle back and forth until the steering wheel becomes movable. However, this is not always a guarantee or the proper fix. This will require using the emergency release button on the shifter to get it into neutral. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the starting issue and assist with repairs.