Q: wheel bearings on 2010 ford fusion

i need my front wheel bearings changed on my 2010 ford fusion, is it possible for me to do it at home or will i HAVE to bring it to a shop?

Your vehicle uses press fit wheel bearings in the front, as opposed to the simpler bolt on unitized wheel hub bearing assemblies. To press the old bearings out of the steering knuckle, typically a 20 ton hydraulic press is required. The same press is used to install the new bearings in the steering knuckle. This all has to be done after removing the steering knuckle from the the car and to remove the steering knuckle in your particular model requires lowering the sub-frame. On re-assembly, the axle nut torque (which is absolutely critical in ensuring good service from the bearing) must be set at exactly 189 lb ft. That means you have to have a higher capacity, accurate (calibrated) torque wrench. Plus there are at least 5 or 6 additional highly specialized tools involved. You can do it yourself but it will be less costly if you hire a mobile mechanic. If you hire a mobile mechanic you can interact with the mechanic, learn how it’s done and also get first hand assurance (by observing and asking questions) that the job is being done perfectly. To have the wheel bearings replaced on your vehicle by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request wheel bearing replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. wheel bearings on 2010 ford fusion