Q: Q: Throttle Position Sensor

So I took my car to O'Reilly's and they said that my throttle sensor was bad so I figured that I would clean it myself I took it apart and clean the sensor and however when I put it back on now that I'm driving it sometimes when I am pressing the foot on the gas or the accelerator it's not wanting to go or when I have it in park and I have a foot on the accelerator it doesn't decelerate as well as sometimes when I'm driving it and I don't have any feet on the penny pedals or brakes it wants to decelerate and jerk.

Anytime you go to a parts store to get a computer scan for the Check Engine Light you are not getting a diagnosis of the problem but only a code retrieved from the engine control module (ECM) memory. This is only part of the diagnosis needed when a code for the throttle position sensor (TPS) is in memory.

You should get a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do the scan of the ECM and then diagnose any codes received for proper diagnosis of any codes received. The TPS is designed to be a sealed unit and should not be cleaned or more damage to sensor will result. If you’d like to get this fixed, you should have YourMechanic replace the TPS and then clear the ECM codes at your own location.

3. Q: Throttle Position Sensor