Q: 2009 Ford edge randomly overheats. Figured out cooling fan isn't working. Replaced and it is still not working. What next?

2009 ford edge started to overheat randomly. AC only blows cold while driving. We figured out the cooling fan wasn't turning. Bought new fan. Checked both new and old and both are working but when installed still will not turn on. Where do we check next? (Extra info: we jumped another car off and that was the first time ford overheated. Had problems since then.). PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Amber. It’s quite possible that while jump starting the vehicle, an electrical relay may have been damaged. The first thing I would check are the electrical relays and fuses that power the radiator fans to see if they are damaged and need to be replaced. If that was not the problem, it’s a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an overheating inspection, so they can determine what is causing this problem and recommend repairs before excessive damage occurs.

3. 2009 Ford edge randomly overheats. Figured out cooling fan isn't working. Replaced and it is still not working. What next?