Q: clicking noise in heating and cooling duct work under dash

the clicking noise does not seem to be the fan, because the noise occurs when the key is shut off and nothing is running.

A: The noise you are hearing is likely a tempe...

The noise you are hearing is likely a temperature or blend door electronic actuator, which will make the clicking noise when the circuit board inside the actuator goes bad. The actuator that is bad will need to be located and then replaced as required. If you'd like, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a Car is making a noise Inspection on your vehicle, diagnose the faulty part, and help you with the replacement of the part as well.