Q: Car won't start but cranks over gas gauge is broke

asked by on July 11, 2017

Ok well first my car would stop starting and I would have to tighten the battery cables for it to start, I fixed the cables and about a day or two later the gas gauge just stopped working then while driving the car it just started to slow down and wouldn't let me accelerate and wouldn't let me turn the wheel, like the engine was just stopping, I turned it off and tried to start it and it acts like its going to start but don't, the lights and everything work.

Fuel Pump Replacement $129.49 - $1235.95 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. All signs thus far point to the fuel pump going out. You can test the available power to the fuel pump to ensure the pump is being supplied with the proper voltage. You can also test the fuel pressure to see if the pump is supplying the engine with what it needs. Replace the pump if needed and remember to replace the fuel filter as well. For more help with testing and repairs contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr