Q: car not firing

asked by on February 09, 2017

i have replaced plugs wires even bought a new distributor and its still not firing ... what else should i check or what else could be the issue?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check to make sure that the timing belt has not snapped. Turn the engine over, while viewing the distributor rotor. The rotor should turn; if it doesn’t turn, the timing belt has snapped. If the distributor is new (and not defective), and all the secondary (hi tension) components have been replaced, that means that the problem is in the low voltage (12 volt) primary side of the circuit. There is probably a relay in the ignition circuit to the distributor. That relay, and the entire primary circuit has to be traced to find the open. A mechanic would use the factory service manual wiring diagram to foreshorten the diagnostic process. To get this resolved, simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the primary circuit fault identified and repaired for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.