Q: Only drives in reverse

I was in a small accident . hit on driver side front end. Drove away and stop next block over at my home. Then went to the store and my car started making a loud clicking noise so i turned it off and back on.. Moved a little bit forward and i revied my motor up and it spit a half bolt out of the passenger front end by my tire. Then when a revied my motor up it sounded like a bolt was spinning around under the hood in the motor some where.. Now my car will only drive in reverse.. My friend said my front axle is broken.. Could that b the problem my car will only drive in reverse..

Hello. From what you describe it sounds like your vehicle has experienced some sort of serious mechanical failure. The noises you describe, along with the broken bolt, do sound like they could possibly be associated with a broken axle. In most cases a broken axle will not cause the transmission to only function in reverse, though it is possible, depending on how the axle breaks. A broken axle will produce a lot of noise, usually clicking, and can eventually render the vehicle undriveable if the axle breaks completely. If the transmission is able to go into gear, but does not seem to be able to transmit power forward then it could possibly be related to the axle. If the transmission is not able to go into any gear besides reverse, then I would consider the possibility of faulty transmission sensors or solenoids. All of these possibilities are increased if the vehicle was in some sort of collision. I would recommend you stop driving the vehicle, as continuing to do so may result in further damage, and have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the exact cause of your issue may be.

3. Only drives in reverse